Looking to work up a sweat optimizing your next WordPress website launch this summer?
Of course you are!
In this premier of The Startup Platform, we cover the major building blocks of launching a successful web project from bottom to top. Kristin and I take you through this fast paced boot camp of goal setting, content planning, and measuring results.
Look for more of these free sessions in the future and drop your requests in the comments!
The Startup Platform Episode 1
Download the audio version
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/157148365″ params=”color=0066cc&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Find all of the resources mentioned here: http://thestartupplatform.com/resources
Read more on Kristin’s blog post here.
- We prepped listeners with the top questions and strategies to think about before even choosing your platform or writing the first word
- We discussed just HOW important it is to align copy, design and development, and what comes first
- Matt explained how to define your audience and how that translates to your website design and layout, as well as copy
- Next, we explained how to prioritize different aspects of your website
- Because there are SO many website platforms to choose from, Matt explained why you should (or shouldn’t) choose WordPress
- I then dove into how to plan for and write the most important pieces of your web copy, including headlines
- Matt explained why the fold is DEAD
- We then wrapped up the intensive bootcamp with details on testing and iterating on your design, layout and copy
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments. Know someone that could use the help offered in this episode? Share it!
Leave a Reply