Setting web design budget and expectation
It’s easy for us to sit back and tell consultants to raise their rates and set better expectations, but it’s another story when we are the customer.
Today’s guest is re-launching his company website and he’s here to tell us how he approached the process. Meet, Jason Resnick, expert WordPress developer, consultant, and business owner.
He’s in a special segment, as a developer who is routinely hired to build a solution like this, it is not unfamiliar territory for him. However, stepping outside of his comfort zone and setting a realistic budget is new to him. Interviewing designers that understand his goals and branding needs is new to him. Giving up the control of branding while letting someone else drive the bus — new to him.
When you know how the sausage is made, things tend to taste a little bit differently. Let’s dive in.
Web re-design project: Setting a budget & expectations
- Why he’s not worried about spending more than $5k
- How he’s going to measure ROI
- How he chose his designer out of 20 candidates
- Looking back at bad designer to client relationships
- Setting up proper communication
- Outline the goals for marketing and content at launch
You have to be willing and open to listen to the expert. It’s their lively hood. -Jason Resnick