S5 E1: David Waumsley & Nathan Wrigley
Page builders have become very popular in the last couple of years. We are discussing how Beaver Builder has had explosive growth and how it impacts the user experience. What will the impact be for WordPress users in years to come?
There are two guests on this show that have a very strong presence in the Beaver Builder community.
Listen to the episode:
Nathan Wrigley – Lives in the Northeast of England. He can be heard on the podcast wpBuilds with David Waumsley. He loves talking about why Beaver Builder is the number one page builder for WordPress. Nathan owns a business called Picture and Word that designs and builds websites for clients.
David Waumsley – Builds websites with WordPress, lives by the beach in Goa and is a road warrior traveling to many countries with his wife. David is the second half of the podcast wpBuilds and is another Beaver Builder enthusiast. David creates many YouTube instructional videos using Beaver Builder.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Beaver Builder has a passionate supportive community around the page builder (03:05)
- Scaling to an agency level takes a huge amount of time that requires additional skills around people management. Having an agency can take you away from the work that you love, such as development or design. (8:37)
- When considering scaling your business, make sure you have systems and processes in place that are very well documented. (10:11)
- You need to get the processes out of your head and down on paper. One way to do this is by explaining difficult things through courses. (12:57)
- In a small agency, you need to have the flexibility to hand off the responsibility to key employees. (15:38)
- Outsourcing certain skills is an option for a small business but it is still very important to manage the project and have a way to measure success. (17:44)
- When looking for an open source CMS, it is helpful to have a business community supporting the product (22:36)
- Beaver Builder has opened up many business opportunities for website clients. It is a great tool for the low budget everyday client and provides a competitive edge.
- Beaver Builder allows you to quickly build a website and often eliminate the wireframing process. The client can easily update their own content.
Advantages of having a podcast:
- A podcast can be created to cover the need of answering questions around a product. It allows you to get the information out to many people.
- Podcasting indirectly raises the profile of hosts.
- Podcasting is fun.
- The production of a podcast takes about half a day.
- When working on your podcast, bundling seasons and episodes helps with the production of podcasts.
- When producing shows, unexpected things happen.