Jonathan Perez has been running a successful side hustle called SureFire Web Services. He shares the lessons he has learned about running a business and how you should never be afraid to try new ideas and pivot when you need to. Jonathan has started a Facebook group called 0to30K, now called Devenaires. If you create websites full time or as a side hustle, there is plenty to learn from other people who have been there. Jonathan’s benchmark to success was getting his first 30K so this is where the name 0-to-30K originated.
About this show:
On today’s episode, we’re talking with Jonathan Perez of SureFire Web Services. Jonathan is a consultant/web strategist specializing in WordPress, the Genesis Framework, and now knocking it out of the park using Beaver Builder (which he considers the best page builder period).
Jonathan Perez – Lives in the New York and is a WordPress superhero who runs SureFire Web Services. Jonathan is a Beaver Builder evangelist who is always trying new things and loves sharing how you can use Beaver Builder to create big business. Jonathan is a father and considers his family as one of the best things that have ever happened in his life.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Beaver Builder has empowered businesses and has had a strong community grow around it. (6:15)
- You can make good money running a side hustle. (8:40)
- Never be afraid to fail and try many things. Having a full-time job gives you the security and allows you to experiment with many different WordPress things. (11:28)
- Everything in WordPress is related so it is easy to grow in development, design, and marketing. This helps build a full-service shop offering many services. (15:00)
- Theme building is very different than building a site for a client.
- You can put a lot of work into building a Theme and the return of investment is often not there. (16:55)
- Don’t give up too quickly when trying new things in your business and do not be afraid to pivot and try new things. (20:00)
- Patience is the game when running your business. (21:00)
- Staying visible helps your business. Ads are a great way to measure your ideas and work with your services. (25:00)
- You can look at a sales cycle for products. (28:00)
- The Beaver Builder community grew quickly and has exploded with content and videos. (32:00)
- Growing an audience and staying in front of people takes constant work. (42:00)
- Pay attention to being your authentic self. Sending e-mails or “cold calling” is not always a successful marketing strategy. (44:00)
Lessons for side hustle success:
- Reach out to people and get out of your comfort zone.
- When starting out in a WordPress business, just hit the ground running and then work on processes (50:00)
- Success is not measured only by having 150,000 subscribers. (55:42)
Client Onboarding Tools:
- SureFire Web Services
- Jonathan on Twitter
- Simple Shop Theme
- Gary V
- Dan Norris – The Seven Day Startup
- The Podcast eBook
- Beaver Builder Facebook Community
- Genesis Framework
Stay connected with the Matt Report by joining the email list over at mattreport.com/subscribe
If you like the show please leave a 5 Star review over on the Matt Report on iTunes.