Struggling with your digital media efforts?
Don’t even know what the phrase means?
That’s OK – this list might help you see some of the things you are missing. If you already acknowledge the majority of this list, then you’re on the right path.
The following list are possible issues you might be faced with. Many small businesses I talk to are so busy working – they have forgotten to sell. Developing a solid digital media web marketing plan that connects all the dots will generate more business than traditional media.
Most of you know what you should be doing, now it’s time to execute on it. Take some elements from this article and get to work!
Now, onto the list!
- You don’t sell anymore – you just work.
- You don’t have a a website built on new standards.
- You don’t have a social media plan.
- Your website sucks.
- You don’t have a website.
- You use an @hotmail account to have your customers e-mail you.
- You forgot your purpose.
- You think it’s OK to pay large sums of money for radio ads.
- You’re not blogging.
- Your not producing interactive HD Video.
- You don’t do free.
- You’re not building relationships online.
- You’re not updating your site with any new content.
- You have no way to measure the traffic to your site.
- Your site is not HTML5 or mobile ready.
- You are paying too much money to an “SEO company.”
- You don’t do SEO at all.
- You have no online lead generation.
- You’re using photography from 10 years ago.
- Your print media is lackluster and low quality.
- You don’t tweet.
- You don’t Facebook.
- You don’t link up on LinkedIn.
- You don’t know what the last 3 lines meant.
- You don’t have a newsletter.
- You’re not collecting a database of customers.
- You’re not asking questions.
- You are not sure how to promote yourself.
- You don’t hire from LinkedIn recommendations.
- You aren’t teaching anyone, anything.
- Your logo is from clipart.
- You don’t realize Digital Media marketing is an investment.
- You don’t have an online following or fan base.
- Your business cards don’t reference your web property.
- You don’t have any customer testimonials.
- You don’t thank your customers.
- You don’t have a “Like” button.
- You don’t know what that is.
- You don’t respond to your business reviews on Yelp.
- You don’t have a Google analytics account.
- You don’t have a Google webmaster account.
- You don’t have a Google local business account.
- You don’t podcast.
- You don’t produce any webinars.
- You’re afraid of the cost.
- You don’t appear on Google.
- You don’t appear on Bing.
- You don’t appear on Yahoo.
- You’re not engaging in Real Time.
- You don’t have a great team to pull all of this together for you.
That’s just 50, but there are probably 50 to 100 more variables holding you back from proper digital media marketing on the web. What are you going to do to change this?
Pick a number and start today. Reach out to me if you need help.
(Updated Post on 8/16/2011)